Sharpening our wits on the grindstone of Life: <i>Spring is in the air</i> .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sharpening our wits on the grindstone of Life

Friday, March 11, 2005

Spring is in the air

Well, it's officially springtime in Houston. No, it's not the trees budding or birds chirping, that's been happening for weeks now here in paradise. It's the release of the "dancing old guy" onto the airwaves.

Posted by Hello

It's hard to avoid him unless you turn off your TV (hey, what a concept). Into your humdrum dreary lives he arrives on a bus, promising thrills, chills and good times galore. Although he appears to be ancient, he launches into a dance that can only be described as frantic.

I don't know about you, but this guy creeps me out. Like a pied piper, he leads our youth off to Neverland with promises of endless fun and excitement. Kinda Jackoistic if you ask me. I don't think I'd want my kid to get on his bus.

Wait a minute! What's this tingly feeling? I'm getting happy feet! Gotta dance!

Ah, the power of advertising. It can make you buy something you don't want at a price you can't afford. Something to think about. But not right now, I have to go buy my kids tickets to Astroworld...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home