Sharpening our wits on the grindstone of Life: I have good news .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sharpening our wits on the grindstone of Life

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I have good news

Hurricane Rita is going to slam the Gulf Coast as a Category 5 hurricane.

But I have good news!

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!

Never mind all of the folks who are going to lose pretty much everything they have to the wrath of Mother Nature. We're going to be happy for you because you saved a few bucks on your car insurance.

Get real. Marketing like this will backfire, and people will equate your name with a lack of empathy for those affected by this disaster.

But then, it doesn't really matter, does it? You'll just employ another public relations firm to reaffirm your reputation as a corporation that can relate to the common man.

Like offering to buy the world a Coke, and keep it company...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home