Sharpening our wits on the grindstone of Life: Tag, I'm it! .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sharpening our wits on the grindstone of Life

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Tag, I'm it!

I’ve been tagged. According to Chris Schroen, you’re somebody when you’ve been tagged, although I’m not sure that's true. Six months ago, I didn’t know what a meme was, and I’m violently opposed to chain email. But when I got tagged by the illustrious Northstar, I tracked this rich meme-y goodness back as far as Liberal Avenger, and decided I’m in pretty good company (basically everyone linked in this paragraph). So I figure, why not? It’ll give you a chance to plumb the depths of my soul, or at the very least, wade in the shallows of my psyche.

According to the rules, I have to alter/drop/add at least one question, and then pass this on to three others. Easy enough.


Three of your favorite bands/musical artists:

  1. Pink Floyd
  2. Talking Heads
  3. Rainmakers
Three of your favorite songs:

  1. Funeral for a Friend, Elton John
  2. Fruitcakes, Jimmy Buffett
  3. This is the Life, Weird Al Yankovic
Three of your favorite hobbies/interests:

  1. Camping
  2. Jammin'
  3. Anything in, on or around water
Three things that scare you:

  1. Consuming our natural resources beyond the point of irreversible damage.
  2. The conservative spin machine achieving the elimination of all choice and personal freedom.
  3. Heights - but I'm working on that.
Three of your favorite fiction writers:

  1. Carl Hiaasen
  2. Dan Brown
  3. Clive Cussler
(new) Three of your favorite nonfiction writers:

  1. Isaac Asimov
  2. Stephen Hawking
  3. Alvin Toffler
(new) Three of your favorite books/series:

  1. The Lord of the Rings/the Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkein
  2. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
  3. Illusions, Richard Bach
Three places you would live if this were a perfect world:

  1. An island in the Caribbean
  2. Boulder, Colorado
  3. Houston, Texas
(slightly altered) Three unlikely celebrity fixations:

  1. Alexandra Steele, the Weather Channel
  2. Wonkette
  3. Ann Coulter, with her mouth duct taped, involving cream pies. With nuts and cherries.
Three favorite animals:

  1. Sea dwelling mammals
  2. Birds of prey
  3. Primates (except humans)
Three conspiracy theories you think are true:

  1. JFK assassination
  2. Area 51
  3. CIA mind control experiments
Three names you go by:

  1. Wyld Card
  2. Copernicus
  3. Hawkeye
Three places you want to go on vacation:

  1. St. Barts
  2. Alaska
  3. Europe
I’m relatively new to blogging and don’t know many other bloggers personally, so I’ll pass this on to people I respect. If they play along, I’ll be interested in their answers. So I hereby pass the baton to:


1 Comments:

  • Yes, I love the Foundation series and others, but this way I could fit other authors in as well.

    Building Blocks of the Universe is probably my favorite non-fiction book he wrote. I read it right after I finished Hawkings' Brief History of Time and it helped clarify much.

    By Blogger Wyld Card, at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home