Sharpening our wits on the grindstone of Life: Back in the saddle again... .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sharpening our wits on the grindstone of Life

Friday, December 02, 2005

Back in the saddle again...

I guess I can leave you guys alone for a minute without things getting mucked up. I took off for my periodic escape from civlization to ommune with nature - cooking Thanksgiving dinner in a makeshift oven in the ground and generally abandoning electronic entertainment and communication - fully expecting apocolyptic conditions upon my return.

But lo and behold, Tom DeLay is still under investigation. Bush's approval rating is still dropping, and he devoted a state of the disunion address to defending his war in Iraq without really saying anything new. And the Texans still can't win football games.

Although I am sorry I missed the election for Texan of the Year. But I think my fellow bloggers have handled it admirably in my absence, and they really didn't agree with my nomination anyway. But every election needs a Pat Paulsen for comic relief, right? And I still think Kinky Friedman would make a better governor than any of the other frontrunners out there.

Anyway, I'm back now, and ne'er-do-wells are again not safe to run amok with our liberties without scathing criticism from yours truly. I don't know if it'll make a difference, but it's kinda like singing a bar of "Alice's Restaraunt" in front of the draft board. If enough people do it, it'll become a movement. And if you want to end war and stuff, you gotta sing loud. With feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home