Sharpening our wits on the grindstone of Life: "My Government" .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sharpening our wits on the grindstone of Life

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"My Government"

Sorry, that's not my quote. I can't claim any responsibility for this government, as none of the people I voted for were elected (I live in a red state, after all). No, this was a quote from our president, when discussing the no-confidence vote that never materialized in Congress.

"And they can try to have their votes of no confidence, but it's not going to determine -- make the determination who serves in my government."

"My
government". Kinda goes against the "We the people" thing, but in wartime you gotta grant some additional leeway to the Commander-In-Chief. But this seems a little excessive. He's referring to Alberto Gonzales, the Attorney General who promotes torture and has amnesia about the political firing of various State Attorneys General.

The Decider has proclaimed, despite the lowest approval rating of almost any American president, that he doesn't care what the American people think; he's gonna stick to his guns, no matter how hopeless the cause. Even his own base is turning on him because of immigration issues.

This man (a title dubious at best given his National Guard record) has been irrelevant since 2004. The sooner we realize that, the sooner we can get on with rebuilding this democracy of ours and make this country great again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home